The accumulated long-term experience and know-how of the institute provide elaboration and manufacture of products for various purposes.
For production of filar (the minimum length of the working element constitutes 1mm), flat (the minimum thickness is equal to the diameter of the used microwire) and bulk (the minimum volume constitutes 0,02 mm3) elements there were elaborated the following standard technological processes:
- Casting of the microwire in glass insulation with a core diameter of less than 1µm to tens of µm;
- Vitrification of microwire from metals and alloys by diameter more then 30 µm;
- Cold and hot winding (single-layer, layer winding, multi-layer);
- Adjustment of the resistance nominal value (from the resistive microwires up to 0, 01%), (from the conductors - to 0, 1%);
- Contacting with current contact (soldering, various types of welding, pastes melting);
- Temperature stabilization;
- Encapsulation (casing, envelopment by epoxy compounds) and other.
There has been carried out researches of process of receiving of filamentary nanocompositions of extensive length, including a number of technologic operations from the preparation of the initial glass matrix with filaments micron sizes of metallic elements, alloys, semiconductors and semimetals to its deformation to nanometrical sizes of filaments.
In the field of microelectronic technology the following technological processes are used:
- Making thick films (single-and multi-layer) of various metals, alloys, dielectrics, the width of the conductive and resistive elements and the minimum distance between them is to 5 µm;
- Surface mounting of crystals (till 0.012 x 0.012"), specialized integrated open-frame chips and discrete components on single and multi-layer substrates and printed boards (flexible and rigid);
- Contacting by means of melting and welding (termosonic, termoultrasonic, ultrasonic, termocompressive, etc.) by gold and aluminum wire with diameter of 0.001 - 0.005";
- Laser adjustment of resistive elements: thin-film - up to 0.1%, thick-film - up to 0.5%;
- Sealing of chips in cases (glass to metal, metal-ceramic, metal-polymeric) and by epoxy compounds envelopment.